The Towel Tracker has two components: the Clean Towel Unit and the Towel Return Unit. Each is about the size of a vending machine. Enclosed in the Clean Towel Unit is a removable cart with approximately 300 towels that hotel and resort guests can access. The Towel Return Unit contains a removable cart that collects used towels, eliminating them from sight. Each towel is embedded with a washable RFID tag the size of a paperclip. This tag provides each towel with a unique identification number. Guests access towels by swiping their room card to open the door. Guests then take the towels they want and close the door.
Increases your bottom line:
- Automatically tracks pool towel usage and theft.
- Reduces pool towel theft by approximately 90-100%.
- Provides ability to recoup cost of stolen towels.
- Provides ability to charge towel rental fees.
- Reduces labor hours required to manage pool towels.
Streamlines towel management:
- Sends automated towel replenishment alerts to housekeeping staff.
- Provides automated towel inventory management and reordering.
- Provides real-time, customized towel usage data analytics by date, room, and guest, which enables towels to be included in your Revenue Management strategy.
Enhances guest experience:
- Considered a high tech amenity by guests, particularly Millennials.
- Enables guests to efficiently obtain and return pool towels, with no assistance needed from hotel staff.
- Results in cleaner pool and beach facilities, because guests return used towels to Towel Tracker.
- Discourages guests from using towels to save prime deck chairs all day.
- Enables hotels to provide higher quality pool towels.
- Reduces guest complaints related to towel service.
- Reduces overall towel use by 30-40%, because guests take fewer towels when they know they’re being tracked. This in turn:
- Reduces towel laundering costs by 30-40%.
- Reduces amount of chemical detergents and natural resources used to launder towels.
- Reduces greenhouse gases emitted during towel laundering process.
TOWEL TRACKER CUSTOMER REVIEWS
DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
1,091 guest rooms
Wyndham Buena Vista Resorts at Disney World
Lake Buena Vista, Florida
626 guest rooms
Island Vista Resort
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
149 guest suites, each with 1-4 bedrooms
The Cove at Yarmouth
West Yarmouth, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
229 guest suites and townhouses
Postcard Inn on the Beach
Boutique Hotel in St. Petersburg, Florida
196 guest rooms
How the Towel Tracker Works
1. Guest scans or swipes room card to open clean towel cabinet.
2. Guest removes towels and Towel Tracker records which towels are assigned to guest. The system tracks and reports towel usage and theft.
3. Returned towels are collected in one, easy-to-remove cart.
Towel Tracker’s real-time, customized data analytics enable you to effortlessly manage pool towel usage and inventory. Examples of data analytics available include:
Overall number of towels checked out (blue bar) and towels missing (pink bar)
Towels checked out, returned, and missing for a specific room
Overall towel inventory with automatic reorder point
Audit showing towels returned and lost from external laundry service